Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai Phone
Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai Timings
|Monday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Wedesday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Sunday||5:00 am – 9:00 pm|
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 28 reviews
Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai Address: BG Kher Rd, Babulnath, Dadi Sheth Wadi, Malabar Hill, Maharashtra, 400006, India
Kamala Nehru Park is a popular recreational spot in Mumbai. People come here to hang out amidst the greenery, jog, or stand at a corner watching over the Arabian Sea. The walkways are covered with natural-looking canopies and cane benches are placed at multiple places for you to sit and munch at local bhelpuri or chaat.
Tourists come here to enjoy the scenic views of the city, especially of the famed Marine Drive, and children love this place for its colourful themed park. If you stay until late evening, you will see the city at night glimmering along the horizon.
Kamala Nehru Park also has a boot-shaped house where kids can play and a small open-air amphitheatre. Being said that, the park is the perfect spot to spend time with your kids or relax after a tiring tour of Mumbai.
History of Kamala Nehru Park
It is one of the oldest parks in the city, and it is named after Kamala Nehru. She was the wife of Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. But the answer to who made Kamala Nehru Park is still uncertain.
The giant shoe structure, however, was designed by Soli Arceivala, who used to be an environment officer in the municipal corporation. The inspiration came from a nursery rhyme that begins like “There was an Old Woman who lived in a shoe”. A lightning strike damaged this boot house a few years ago, but the officials have revamped the structure and reworked the looks recently.
Things to do at Kamala Nehru Park
1. Relaxing among the greens – Kamala Nehru Park has an array of flowery bushes, green shrubs, and shady trees. And you can lie down on the lawns or sway along in the cane swings that dot the park’s landscape. Apart from the green lawns, the canopied walkways and the lily pond too, add to the beauty of Kamala Nehru Park.
2. Enjoying the distant views – The park has a viewing gallery from where you can get spectacular views of Girgaon Chowpatty and Marine Drive (also known as the Queen’s Necklace). The views turn even more impressive in the night when the streets and the skyscrapers are bathed in bright lights.
3. Playing in the Boot House – The Old Woman’s Shoe (or the Boot House) at the park is a favourite spot among the kids. It is inspired by a nursery rhyme. Children can play hide and seek around it or enter that big shoe building and climb the stairs to the top.
4. Tasting local snacks – In the evening, many hawkers roam around in the park, selling street food of Mumbai. From chaat and bhelpuri to ice lollies and vada pav, you’ll find many dishes to treat yourself in and around the park.
5. Clicking selfie along with kids – The renovated park has many selfie points where you can click pictures with your kids; the Minion point is the most popular. And you will also find plenty of other attractive designs around to capture. Walls painted with rhymes in English, Hindi and Marathi, Jungle-book themed paintings and the rainbow amphitheatre are among the few of those spots.
Image Gallery of Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai
Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai Timings and Entry Fees
Kamala Nehru Park is open every day. You can be there during the weekdays, weekends and during festivals and holidays too. The park opens for visitors early, at 5 AM, and remains open until 9 PM.
The entry fee of Kamala Nehru Park is zero. And you don’t have to pay any additional charges for the kids to play around or click photographs.
Best Time to visit Kamala Nehru Park
Although the park is open throughout the day, it is best to visit it during the evening hours. The environment is cool, and you can catch mesmerising views of the sunset. Also, the view of the Marine Drive gets better at night as the lights come up, and the stretch looks like the Queen’s Necklace.
Also, it would be better to visit Kamala Nehru Park during winter. And that’s from late October to early March. The weather remains pleasant during the entire season.
Time to explore Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai
It should take about an hour to explore the park and enjoy the views from the viewing spot. But if you have kids, you should’ve at least 2 hours to visit Kamala Nehru Park. They would enjoy their time in the park.
How to Reach Kamala Nehru Park Mumbai?
Kamala Nehru Park is near the heart of Mumbai, and you can reach it easily. You can take an auto or hire a cab from top car rental companies in Mumbai to the park. Then, you can also ride a state-run bus or hop on a local train. Charni Road and Grant Road stations are close to Kamala Nehru Park in Mumbai.
And here are the various ways to enter Mumbai –
By Road – Many buses connect Mumbai to the neighbouring towns and cities. Whether you want to get a bus from Pune, Nagpur, or Panaji, you’ll find one that suits your schedule. Buses from other nearby towns are available too. Most buses stop at Mumbai Central Bus Depot, which is only 5 km away from the park.
By Rail – Daily trains run between Mumbai and other cities of India. Express trains from the metropolitan cities like Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Delhi are available at regular intervals. Trains from other towns too stop at one of the two primary stations – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (6 km away) and Mumbai Central (5 km away).
By Air – Daily flights arrive at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai from many destinations in India and abroad. It is about 21 km away from Kamala Nehru Park. Regular flights from international destinations like the US, Australia, or Dubai and Indian cities like Lucknow, Guwahati and Kochi are available.
If your travel plans bring you to Mumbai, choose to book an all inclusive Mumbai Tour package with us. We at Mumbai Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA help you plan your trip just the way you want. We make sure you cover all the must visit tourist attractions of Mumbai without going overboard on budget. To know more about our offerings, please fill the Contact Us form and we will get back to you at the earliest.