Shangrila Water Park Mumbai Timings
|Monday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wedesday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 24 reviews
Shangrila Water Park Mumbai Address: Mumbai-Nashik Highway, Bhiwandi By Pass End, Gangaram Pada, Vadpe, Bhiwandi, Thane, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 421302, India
Shangrila Water Park Pune Entry Tickets
|Package Type||Water Park + Amusement Park + Food Package (Veg)||(Only Entry) Water Park + Amusement Park|
|Adult (above 4 ft)||1100 per person||700 per person|
|Children (3ft - 4ft)||1000 per person||650 per person|
Known to be a hot and humid city, Mumbai has its own ways of cooling down. The Shangrila Resort and WaterPark in the city’s Thane district is a fun getaway, especially for those who only have weekends at their disposal. A place for every age group, the water park, spread over 15 acres, has special services to cater to kids, adults and even the aged who only wish to relax.
Shangrila Water Park Timings & Tariffs
While the water park is open only from 10 AM to 6 PM on all days of the week, the adjoining resort welcomes guests round the clock. However, check-ins begin at 11 AM and you can check out by 10 AM. Shangrila Resort and Water Park offers a number of different packages for a one-day picnic and also for overnight stay.
If you only wish to enter the water park and the amusement park during the day, you will be charged INR 700 per head for adults and children above the height of 4 feet. The rate for the same is INR 650 per person for children in the height range of 3 feet and 4 feet. Toddlers below 3 feet enter free of cost.
For day picnic along with vegetarian food, there is a special rate of INR 1,100 per head for adults and kids over 4 feet in height. The package costs INR 1,000 per child for height between 3 feet and 4 feet.
If you decide to stay at the Shangrila Resort for the night, especially to make the most of your extended weekend, you can pick from their Room Stay Packages. All of the rooms are air conditioned, and you can choose between the American Plan (AP) which includes the stay, lunch, evening tea or coffee, dinner and breakfast, and the European Plan (EP) which only includes the stay and the next day’s breakfast.
For their A/C Deluxe Rooms, which are 18 in number, the AP plan costs INR 5,300 per night while the EP plan costs INR 3,700 a night. The Exclusive Rooms charge INR 5,900 each night for the AP plan and INR 4,300 for the EP plan. There are 42 such rooms.
The Family Room which has 8 single beds, is perfect for an extended family outing or a group of friends. Each bed has its own storage shelf and charging socket. There is only one Family Room in the resort and it comes at a price of INR 13,899 for the AP plan and 7,499 for the EP plan.
There is one Suite Room which has a separate dining area and a ceiling-mounted swing outside the bedroom. The AP plan rate for this room is INR 6,500 and that for the EP plan is INR 4,900. There are 3 Exclusive Suite Rooms which come with bathtubs. The charges for their AP plan and EP plan are INR 6,900 and INR 5,300, respectively.
There is a Maharaja Suite and a Presidential Suite at the resort, each with an attached swimming pool. The charges for these two rooms begin at INR 7,550 for the AP plan and INR 5,950 for the EP plan.
There are also a couple of Royal Prince Suites which are almost like furnished apartments with a separate drawing room, a sofa set and a swing that hangs from the ceiling. The rates for these rooms are INR 9,099 and INR 7,499 for the AP and EP plans, respectively.
Apart from the Family Room, all the other room types come with double beds to cater to only 2 guests. For an extra occupant of 10 years and above, a flat fee of INR 1,800 is charged for the AP plan and INR 1,000 for the EP plan regardless of the room category.
In case of a child between the age of 5 years and 10 years of age, the extra charge for the AP plan is INR 1,500 and that for the EP plan is INR 1,000. Children under 5 stay gratis. A 12% GST is charged on room tariff and 5% tax on food over all the rates quoted above.
The rates are inclusive of access to the water park. However, any food item or drink ordered separately from the a-la-carte menu is chargeable.
Things to do at Shangrila Water Park
Shangrila Water Park is not only about water slides and splash pools. There are many other facilities you can avail of at the resort:
1. Head to the Massage and Spa Centre for a relaxing massage to soothe your tired and sore muscles or soak in the Jacuzzi tub and let the lukewarm bubbling water open the clogged pores of your skin and untangle the stress knots of your joints.
2. If you are looking for a place to organize your office team-building outing or hold an off-site meeting or a town hall, Shangrila Water Park has an air-conditioned conference hall with a capacity of 75 to 100 people. Amenities such as whiteboards, flipcharts, markers, pens, writing pads, collar mics and a podium are provided on a complimentary basis.
3. You can hold family functions such as weddings, engagements, anniversaries, birthday parties and reunions at the Private Party Hall or the Amphitheatre in the premises. The grass-covered amphitheatre has multiple levels, accessible by stairs laid out in concentric circles.
4. Families with kids in tow can let their little ones play at the Children’s Park. The Kid's Play Park includes straight slides, a spiral slide, a merry-go round with duck-seats, swings, toy-horses, car rider (where even parents can sit with their kids on cars which turn in different directions and revolve at a great speed), dinosaur, video games, bike rider, curved ladders, see-saws with seats, some of which have a backrest for toddlers.
5. If you don’t wish to get wet but still want to while your time away, you can play pool or gather your friends or family for rounds of card games.
6. Shopaholics can visit the shopping store and buy a lot of things, from cosmetics and toys to swimming gear.
7. Coffee aficionados can refresh themselves at the Nescafe Coffee Corner close to the water park. As you sip on your choice of beverage, you can also order Maggi noodles to snack on.
8. After a long day of frolicking in the water, you can chill with a drink at the Pool Den, the bar at the resort.
9. Fitness freaks need not miss out on their workout while they are on vacation. The resort’s gym has treadmills for cardio, exercise balls for core muscle development, and different sets of dumbbells and bar weights for strength training.
10. If you just want to ride on all the water slides that end in the big splash pool, you can choose from different coloured slides of various lengths and twists and turns, some of which are open and some are covered to form tubes or tunnels, making the experience adventurous.
11. There is a wave pool named ‘The Great Refresher’ at Shangrila Resort and Water Park where artificial waves are created along the length of the pool, mimicking the greater seas. The waters at the resort are safe as they are constantly filtered at the centralized filtration plant.
12. Another exciting feature at the water park is the artificial waterfall where visitors can bathe and even climb the boulders on which the water rolls down. There is a railing along the first cascade of this waterfall.
13. There are lounging chairs around the water pools in case you need some rest from all the splashing.
14. Aside from the water park, Shangrila also has an amusement park where you can stay dry while going on the rides. Choose from a number of different rides for families with kids, kids only or adults only. Go on a monorail ride and see all of Shangrila Resort and Water Park from above. Sit on the giant swings (which change their angle from a central focal point) with your seat belts fastened.
15. Children will be able to enjoy the gardens in the premises and admire all the flowers and different types of plants potted there. Parents can also take them around and teach them about various trees which grow on the grounds of Shangrila Resort.
Image Gallery of Shangrila Water Park Mumbai
Things to Keep in Mind While Visiting Shangrila Water Park
It is better to be aware of all the terms and conditions of the water park before you venture in, so you can enjoy your outing to the max. Some things to take note of:
1. You cannot bring in food from outside. However, you won’t have to worry about your meals as there is an air-conditioned restaurant and bar and a fast food centre inside Shangrila Resort and Water Park.
2. The resort accepts payment in cash or credit cards. You may not be able to encash your traveller’s cheques if that is what you prefer instead.
3. A photo identity card is required for entry to the water park (to check your age for the preferred rates) and also if you are going to stay at the resort.
4. Those who are picnicking during the day can access lockers. However, you will need to furnish your photo ID for this.
5. In case you wish to cancel your pre-booked tickets, you can avail of a full refund in the form of credit notes (which can be used on a later date at the resort) if your cancellation occurs more than 4 days in advance. For cancellation between 3 and 4 days, an 80% refund is possible. Cancellations between 2 and 3 days can get 50% refund in the form of vouchers. Any cancellation made on the same day will attract no refund. For online bookings which are cancelled on the same day or the next, the refund is initiated digitally.
6. There is ample parking space at Shangrila Resort and Water Park, so you can bring your car along.
7. If you cannot swim or are afraid of the water, you can grab one of the tubes or hand-held floats which will help you stay afloat. In any case, the water is not deep (only 4 and a half feet in depth) and there are lifeguards to your rescue.
8. Ask the resort for first-aid in case you hurt yourself on any of the rides. As a precautionary measure, carry your own first-aid box, so you don’t have to worry about contacting the authorities.
9. If you are worried about your children getting scared in the big splash pool, you can help them play on the 4 water slides which are especially kept for children. There is a separate Kid’s Pool where the water level is shallow.
Places to Visit near Shangrila Water Park
Mumbai city and its suburbs can be a bit intimidating due to its sheer size and the number of people who are constantly in a hurry to get somewhere. While the city has many attractions waiting to be explored, some sites close to the water park can be easily explored:
1. Titwala Mahaganpati Mandir: About 20 km from Shangrila Resort and Water Park, this Hindu temple is dedicated to the deity of Ganesha. According to mythology, Ganapati or Ganaesha is the elephant god, with the head of an elephant and the body of a man. A parking fee of INR 30 is charged per vehicle, but there is no time limit for the visit. You can also explore the lake behind the Titwala Mahaganapati Mandir.
2. Lodha Dham Simandherswami Swetamber Jain Temple Juchandra: Almost 50 km from the resort, this Jain temple will take over an hour to reach. Located on the Mumbai - Ahmedabad National Highway, Lodha Dham is built of cool white marble and consists of a number of small temples in the premises. There is also a garden, a library containing books on Jainism, changing rooms, toilets, a kitchen and a dining area. Vegetarian meals are provided here free of cost.
3. Tungareshwar National Park: Less than 25 km from Shangrila Water Park, this national park takes only 50 minutes by car. Hiking enthusiasts must not miss visiting the Tungareshwar National Park as the Tungareshwar mountain offers ample trekking opportunities. You will have to carry your own water bottles though. There is an ashram nearby that offers food without any charge. However, you will have to reach there before 2 PM. Apart from the hilly terrain, you can look forward to water bodies and forest patches.
How to Reach Shangrila Water Park, Mumbai
Located by the Mumbai Nashik Highway, Shangrila Water Park is not too far from the city centre of Mumbai. While the exact address of this resort and adventure park falls under the district of Thane, it is very easily reachable by various modes of transport:
By Air: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is the nearest airport to the water park at a distance of over 56 km. A cab ride will take you about a couple of hours to arrive at Shangrila Water Park from the airport. Further away, the domestic airport at Navpada takes a little longer. Depending on your airline, your flight will either land at the international terminal or the domestic ones. Budget for sufficient time to collect your checked luggage and make the long journey from mainland Mumbai to Bhiwandi.
By Train: If arriving into the city by train, alight at the Kalyan Railway Station. This is an important junction for both outstation trains and local trains plying on the Central Railway route. Local trains happen to be one of the cheapest modes of transportation in Mumbai. Trains can be quite crowded during the peak office hours on weekdays. So, plan your travel accordingly. Women can make use of the special Ladies coaches where the crowd is slightly lesser than in the General compartments. You can also buy a First Class ticket which costs several times more than the regular fare. First Class coaches have cushioned seating.
By Bus: Padgha is the nearest bus stop to the water park located in the Vadape neighbourhood. Shangrila Resort and Water Park is located about 5 km from the Padgha Bus Stop. A cab ride will take less than 10 minutes to bring you to your final destination. Another option is the Sontikli Bus Stop at a distance of approximately 10 km from the resort. Cabs typically take 15 to 20 minutes to reach the water park from this bus stop.
By Car: The best way to arrive at Shangrila Resort and Water Park is in a private car. If you are not bringing your own, you can always rent a cab from top car rental companies in Mumbai. Self-driving is quite popular in Mumbai. However, the better option is to book a car with a professional driver who can relieve you of the stress of the city’s bumper-to-bumper traffic. You will also not have to look through your GPS-enabled system constantly, as the driver will be a local who knows the routes well.
Make the most of your Mumbai tour by booking an all-inclusive Mumbai tour package with us. We at Mumbai Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA present our clients with packages at pocket friendly prices. We also guide our customers with top tourist places to visit in Mumbai. Reach us out by filling the Contact Us form and we will get back to you.