The city of Mumbai, known for its never-ending energy and enthusiasm is the perfect place to pursue your dreams. Popular as the ‘City of dreams’ it keeps you on your toes but sometimes you might crave a break from the grind.
Amusement and theme parks in Mumbai offer you much-needed excitement in your monotonous life. From adrenaline-pumping roller coaster rides to having fun lounging with friends, the amusement and theme parks offer you fun and relaxation.
A popular destination for locals and tourists alike, Mumbai has several beautifully designed theme parks. Visitors can indulge in activities such as thrill rides, adventure games, and luxuriant stay options. From the world-famous Essel World to the extravagant Adlabs Imagica you can pick the one that satisfies your need for thrill. Here is a list of the top amusement and theme parks in Mumbai:
1. Essel World
Constructed in 1986, Essel World is an old but famous amusement theme park in Mumbai. Designed especially for kids, it has a wide variety of engaging activities and rides. Sprawling over extensive greenery, it is a popular park comprising giant infrastructures and several thrilling and fun rides. Along with guaranteed excitement, the park maintains international safety standards and quality.
You can explore the electrifying rides like Rock N Roll, Slam Bob, Super Telecombat, and Slippery Sultan. The park has evolved over time, incorporating fantastic rides like Shop n Drop, Hoola Loop, Top Spin, Ice Skating Rink and much more. For slower and sober options, you can ride Mirror Maze, Monsters in the Mist, Zipper Dripper, Crazy Cups, and Highway Cars.
Children can discover Happy Sky, Play Port, Mini Telecombat, and Rio Grande Train as enjoyable and entertaining options. It is an ideal destination for a one-day trip for the entire family away from the busy life. Besides, it is a great place for group excursions, gatherings, and impromptu visits. The park also houses a one of its kind interactive Bird Park, which is home to more than 700 exotic species of birds. It is equally popular among kids and adults.
- Location: Global Pagoda Road, Gorai Island, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400091
- Entry Fees:
- Basic Package ( Adult & Child) - INR 290
- Silver (Adult) - INR 885
- Silver (Child) - INR 530
- Fast Track + Silver (Adult) - INR 1170
- Fast Track + Silver (Child) - INR 900
- Combine (Adult) Entry to EsselWorld + Water Kingdom on the same day of the visit - INR 1405
- Combine (Child) Entry to EsselWorld + Water Kingdom on the same day of the visit - INR 945
- Annual Pass - Passport Next, Entry to either of the parks three times a year - INR 1640
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM (all days of the week)
2. Yazoo Park
Spread over an area of more than 12 acres, Yazoo Park is a fun-filled amusement park in Mumbai. It is a well-known venue for spending a day full of leisurely activities. Catering to visitors of every age and varying preferences, it is a magical place close to nature.
Yazoo Park provides you with an amazing platter of rides, slides, and activities for spending a wonderful day. There are timeless classics like Ferris Wheel and Merry-go-Round that are loved by all. While adventure addicts can have an enthralling experience at the Freefall and Zipline, kids can enjoy the Rifle Range and the Dragon train or play in The Little Wonder. The Balancing Bridge, Tube Slide, The Bumping Boat Arena and Roller Slides keep the little ones engaged.
Rain Dance, Wet Floor, and Water Tube Slide in the Water Zone bring together the entire family for some fun and frolic. Disco Coaster, Vertical Swing Chair, and the Freefall Ride are rides perfect for adventure seekers. After having fun at the adrenaline-pushing rides you can satiate your hunger at the Yazoo Floating Restaurant and the Yazoo Food Plaza. You can also get fish pedicure therapy for relaxation.
- Location: Evershine Global City, Dongarpada, Rustomjee Global City, Virar West, Virar, Maharashtra - 401303
- Entry Fees: INR 45 per person & INR 170 per person for the water park, carnival package INR 559 per person, and combo package INR 669 per person
- Opening Hours: Theme Park timing 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM & Water Park timing 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (all days of the week)
Constructed on the Urban War theme, Hakone is a unique amusement park in Mumbai. It is an amalgamation of entertainment, fun, special sports, and leisure. The plethora of options suits every taste and age group. It is a one-day spot for taking an impromptu break.
Hakone features simulator and virtual reality games along with paddle boating and fun riding sessions. It is tailored to meet the demands of any weather condition with fully-cemented tracks and shades to prevent rain.
Hakone is popular among the youngsters and adults with thrilling activities such as shooting opponents with paintballs at Headbrush Paintball or rolling on a 50-meter slope in a Zorbing ride. You can challenge yourself for a tough bull ride or Go Karting on a 200-m fully cemented and safe track with Honda engines of 5.5 HP.
Inside the Entertainment center, you can find a pooling table, redemption machines, LAN gaming zones, and simulator games. Also there are other fun options for the little ones like Paddle Boating, Wester Train, Baby Go Cars, and Moon Walkers.
- Location: Central Avenue, Opp Nirvana Park, Next to Powai Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400076
- Entry Fees: Supersaver offers, Weekdays INR 140 per person and Weekends INR 220 per person for 4 ride saver cards. The Go Kart scheme is also available every Tuesday.
- Opening Hours: 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM (all days of the week)
4. Snow World
Snow World is among the best theme parks in Mumbai. It is a unique winter park devised to provide both relaxation and excitement. Visit this amusement park to feel -10˚ even with scorching heat outside. It is an indoor snow-theme-based park, with plenty of wintertime activities for people of all ages.
You can enjoy snowfall and take part in snow adventures. Pretend to be an Eskimo, participate in ice skating, snow sledding, snowboarding, and even dance in the snowfall. The Beginner’s Park offers you a gentle introduction to the snow park scene while you can keep exploring the place with your family and friends.
Kids can have fun in the company of the Yeti, Frozo, Polka, and the penguins. You can spend a memorable and fun day making snow castles, snowballs, and snowmen. Relish friendly snow fights with your friends and families at the amazingly crafted Snow World.
For some adventure visit the man-made forest where you can experience sliding down the icy mountains with its twists and turns on the rubber tube covered with ice. Enjoy sitting in a corner relaxing or going dancing with your partner in the artificial snowfall. You can also head to Snow Café for sipping some hot beverages.
- Location: Phoenix Market City, Lower Ground Level 58 - 61, Between Atrium 2 & 6, 15 L.B.S. Marg, Kamani Jn., Kurla (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400 070
- Entry Fees: Weekdays INR 600 per person and Weekends INR 700 per person
- Opening Hours: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM (all days of the week)
5. Vardhaman Fantasy
Vardhaman Fantasy World is one of the most affordable amusement and theme parks in Mumbai. Spread over 11 acres, the park promises a fun day for the entire family. Offering an ideal blend of leisure, fun, and entertainment, Vardhaman Fantasy consists of 7 zones each being distinctly created. It offers international standard quality and safety to all visitors.
The park exhibits miniature replicas of the seven wonders of the world. Adding to the experience are wooden patios and horse-riding cowboys, to give you a feel of being in Texas or a Greek-style village with fountains and open spaces with tall lamps. Different indoor games such as Crazy Frog, Free Fall, and Ferrous Wheel, in the thrilling Viva Las Vegas, keep the visitors engaged.
Besides, you can take a bumper boat and paddle boat ride on the artificially created Lake Venetia. There are also adventure activities specially designed for kids and families. You can also feed your hungry tummies with delicious food from the mini stalls. There are also open spaces for holding events and celebrations. One-day corporate group activities, family gatherings, or hangouts with friends, are organized by the management.
- Location: Near McDonalds, Shivar Garden, Mira Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 401107
- Entry Fees: INR 2 per person (entry), INR 40 per person (per ride), INR 200 per person (for a package of 15 rides)
- Opening Hours: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (all days of the week)
6. Imagica Theme Park
Imagica by Adlabs is one of the best theme parks in Mumbai. Sprawling over 300 acres of land, it is a great place for hanging out with friends and family. The park is fondly referred to as "India's Disneyland". It has a variety of rides and attractions that will keep you entertained for hours.
The park is divided into different zones, each with its own unique attractions. Adventure Zone has rides like the Eagle Flight and the Tiger’s Trail. The theme park also houses the Imagica Water Park where you can splash around with your loved ones. It has the Aqua Zone equipped with a range of thrilling water rides. You can beat the summer heat in the chill zone featuring the Snow Park.
Popular rides include Nitro which is India's largest and fastest roller coaster and Superman which is an ultimate flight roller coaster. It offers stunning views of the park as it takes you flying through the air at high speed. Rajasaurus River Adventure offers a river rafting ride that takes guests through a Jurassic-themed world. You can also have fun at the Imagicaa Express, a high-speed roller coaster, and the House of Screaming Horror which is a haunted house attraction.
Fans of Indian culture and history can visit the Bollywood Dance Museum while the Rajmahal Theatre showcases a variety of amazing live shows.
Imagica Theme Park also has a number of dining options including a food court and a luxury restaurant. It allows you to refuel after a day of exploring. It also features a souvenir shop, a shopping mall, and a club for a wholesome experience.
- Location: 30/31 Sangdewadi, Khopoli-Pali Road, Near Lonavala, Khalapur, Maharashtra - 410203
- Entry Fees:
- Standard Price - Theme Park starting INR 999 per person and Water Park starting INR 699 per person
- Theme Park Regular & Express tickets (General / Sr. Citizen / Pre-Schooler) - 30% off
- Water Park Regular & Express tickets (General / Sr. Citizen) - 30% Off
- Multi-Pack Combos - Either Theme Park / Water Park + House of Stars + Glowmagica + Eyelusion + Projecto + Food - Starting INR 2049 per person
- Opening Hours:
- Theme Park Timing- 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM (all days of the week)
- Water Park Timing - 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM (all days of the week)
7. Visava Amusement Park and Resort
Visava Amusement Park and Resort is one of the best nature-friendly amusement parks in Mumbai. Situated in the midst of a forest region near Karnala Bird Sanctuary Kalhe Gaon on Mumbai- Goa Highway, it has a very peaceful vibe.
Located in the lap of mother nature, Visava amusement park offers a respite from the bustle of the city. It also features a water park with a wide variety of thrilling rides. You can spend quality time with your family and friends enjoying the cool environs and splashing around.
Besides the plethora of activities, Visava also has a resort with Luxurious Executive and Deluxe Rooms. For a luxurious stay, they offer Suites and Wooden Cottages which are undoubtedly awesome and comfortable. The delicious cuisines are prepared by extremely dedicated chefs and the presentation would surely win your heart.
The park also offers a kid’s play arena that is extremely spacious and a baby pool where little ones can enjoy safely. You can have a good time with your friends and family.
- Location: Mumbai - Goa Highway, Near Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Kalhe Gaon, Panvel, Raigad, Maharashtra - 410221
- Entry Fees: Adult- INR 850 per person and Children - INR 650 per child
- Opening Hours: Open 24 hours
Tikuji-ni-Wadi is one of the best amusement and theme parks in Mumbai. It is situated in nature’s glamorous abode at Manpada Chitalsar, Thane. Tucked away in the eye-soothing hills and lush green valleys, Tikuji-Ni-Wadi is a family fun resort that presents you with the best holiday getaway you could ever imagine.
A serene and entertaining place for relaxation and fun with your friends and family, it offers you cosy homely cottages. They provide Khatla beds set beneath trees where you can truly bond with Nature.
Tikuji-ni-Wadi features an amusement park to add thrill to your experience. You can enjoy spinning in the spin coaster or try the UFO Cycle along a 500 meters track in mid-air. For some adrenaline rush, experience the extra-thrilling adventure of revolving 360 degrees in a spaceship. In another section Pendulum along with 30 other rides would definitely give you a nerve-wracking experience.
The park offers the best safety as per international standards making the rides and slides safe for kids as well. Among the popular attractions of Tikuji-ni-Wadi are Dinosaur World, wave pool, kid’s pool, lazy river, and other exciting slides offering pure adventure. The giant slides and wave pools are accompanied by verdant gardens for relaxation. They serve vegetarian multi-cuisine food to satisfy your taste buds.
- Location: Tikuji-ni-wadi Road, Opp. Tata Power House, Manpada, Chitalsar, Thane, Maharashtra - 400607
- Entry Fees: Starting INR 750 per person
- Opening Hours: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (all days of the week)
9. Water Kingdom
One of the most loved amusement and theme parks in Mumbai, Water Kingdom is an ideal place to escape the heat of the scorching summers. Away from the hassles of Mumbai city, Water Kingdom is a perfect place to spend time with your family or friends. It has more than 30 water activities including slides, a fish spa, and the largest wave pool in the world.
You can spend time with your loved ones indulging in a variety of water activities. If you prefer relaxing you can try the wave pool and lazy river. For adventure lovers, the numerous water rides and slides offer endless fun and adventure.
Dip yourself in one of the largest aqua pools and splash around with your friends and family. Soak yourself in the Goofers Lagoon, a family-friendly area, and enjoy getting wet by the tilting bucket, rotating wheels, and water guns.
Add to the fun with rain dance in the mesmerizing ambiance. Have fun with your loved ones in the swimming pool. Relax and enjoy a soothing fish spa before heading to the food joints where you can relish drool-worthy food.
- Location: Borivali (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400091.
- Entry Fees:
- Adults (height above 4’6”) - INR 1115 per person
- Adults combine ticket - INR 1325 per person
- Adults annual pass, Passport Next - INR 1450 per person
- Child (height between 3’3” & 4’6”) - INR 720 per person
- Child combine ticket - INR 825 per person
- Child annual pass, Passport Next - INR 1450 per person
- Child below the height 3'3" ticket is free
- Opening Hours: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Tuesday closed)
Covering more than a 1,20,000 sq ft area, Smaash is a unique theme-based water park in Mumbai. You can spend an entire day full of fun activities and celebrations. It has a stunning array of games, rides, and adventures meant for everyone.
Smaaash presents before you a highly immersive, innovative, and interactive entertainment space. You can find the simulation technology and creative digital design impressive. Unmatched virtual reality, arcade games, and many more facilities provide a futuristic experience. Besides, there are remarkable sports, music, and dining options.
You can play the 360˚ simulator Smaash Cricket against the likes of Malinga, Dale Steyn, Wasim Akram, and Brett Lee. For an adrenaline-rushing experience, you can go multi-level sky karting on the super-stylized German-made hi-tech track. Play the exciting Super Keeper Soccer game or enjoy Cockpit 360, the apocalyptic simulation game set in World War II, involving battles and fighter planes.
Delight in the sub-zero temperatures in the Snow Rush. Artificial snow allows you to experience snowfall even when the sun is blazing outside. You can spend a casual evening or chill with friends in the Twilight Bowling arena.
- Location: They have three centers
- Mumbai Utopia City - Smaaash, Utopia City, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400013
- Korum Mall - Smaaash, Korum Mall, 2nd, Eastern Express Hwy, Samata Nagar, Thane, Maharashtra - 400606
- Mumbai - R City Mall - Smaaash, R City Mall, 3rd Floor, LBS Rd, Amrut Nagar, Ghatkopar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400086
- Entry Fees: No entry fee. All games and attractions have individual fees starting at INR 349 per person
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday - 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM and Saturday to Sunday - 12:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Kidzania, as the name suggests, is a global indoor theme-based amusement park in Mumbai. It is specially designed for children from 2 to 16 years of age. Blending reality with entertainment, Kidzania is built-up like a real city.
The park management believes since kids learn by experimenting and imitating, they have put together several role-play activities. The park has been specifically designed to provide the kids with a fun learning experience. There are more than 60 fun indoor activities. All activities are performed in a safe, interactive, and unique environment.
Dedicated to kids, the park educates, inspires, and empowers them to think differently. It is an authentic and powerful developmental zone for kids, which is also aligned with the school curriculum. Kids participate in more than 40 role-playing activities to learn about careers and jobs, money, and the real world.
The highly trained staff adequately supports and guides the participants by sharing information about the activities. Kidzania provides in-depth experiences and boosts creative thinking and confidence in the children. It is thus a great spot for unique parties and school excursions.
- Location: R City Mall, 3rd Floor, North Wing, LBS Marg, Ghatkopar (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400086
- Entry Fees:
For Weekdays (Monday to Friday):
- Full-Day Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 700, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1350, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 650, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
- 5 hours Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 600, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1200, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 600, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
- 3 hours Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 550, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1000, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 500, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
For Weekends and Public Holidays:
- Full-Day Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 900, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1700, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 750, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
- 5 hours Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 800, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1500, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 700, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
- 3 hours Pass - Babies below 2 years - Free, Toddlers 2 to 3 years - INR 700, Kids 4 to 16 years - INR 1200, Adults 17 to 59 years - INR 600, Senior Citizen 60 years and above - INR 300
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM (all days of the week)
12. Suraj Water Park
Offering plenty of attractions for all age groups, Suraj Water Park is an excellent recreational amusement and theme park in Mumbai. Spreading over 11 acres, it has bagged several national and international awards. It features a wave pool, splash pads, and slides. On your outing to this park, you can feel refreshed by participating in fun-filled games and activities.
Designed by the White-Water West Industries of Canada, the park is an amalgamation of modern-day technology and traditional expertise. It has Asia’s largest fiber-glass-made cave. It houses a Lord Shiva statue with Ganga originating from his hair. An artificially made waterfall also has water slides for children. You can enjoy the floating rides on the man-made turbulent Crazy River and the calm Lazy River.
Resembling a beach, the Wave pool offers both young and old enough opportunities to splash and play with water and enjoy the gentle waves. You can dance to the latest beats under the rain in the Rain Dance Zone. Among the several fun rides, are the vertical slides, such as Ulat Pulat Slide, Shiv-Ganga Slide, Rainbow Slides, and Ding Dong Sing Song.
- Location: MH SH 42, Dongripada, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra - 400615
- Entry Fees:
- Kids: (Height between 3’.6” to 4’.6”) - INR 800
- Kids (Height below 3’.6”) - No Entry Fee
- Adults (Height above 4’.6”) - INR 1000
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (all days of the week)
13. Shangrila Resort and Waterpark
You can spend a day out at the latest tourist attraction named Shangrila Resort and Water Park in Mumbai. It takes you away from the hustle and bustle of city life, allowing you to spend time with your loved ones.
Sprawling over 15 acres, Shangrila Resort and Water Park is famous for its crazy and fun activities. The soothing ambiance makes it the perfect destination to unwind yourself and relax your body. You can enjoy several water slides and splash pools or go for a dive in the swimming pool. As the adults tap their feet in the Rain Dance, kids can stay engaged in the Play Park. They can have fun at the merry-go-round, swings, and spiral slides.
You can delight in amazing facilities at the park, and make commendable memories. You can relax for a while in the Jacuzzi of the resort and even head to the Massage and Spa center for a relaxing massage. Besides the thrilling rides and slides, you can also get plenty of dining and snacking options. The management also organizes office team-building outings or off-site meetings. Shangrila has arrangements for family functions like weddings, birthdays, engagements, or reunions.
- Location: Mumbai-Nashik Highway, Bhiwandi ByPass End, Gangaram Pada, Vadpe, Bhiwandi, Thane, Maharashtra - 421302
- Entry Fees:
- Water Park + Amusement Park + Food Package (Veg) - Adult (above 4 ft) - INR 1100 per person and Child (3 ft to 4 ft) - INR 1000 per person
- Water Park + Amusement Park On;y entry - Adult (above 4 ft) - INR 700 per person and Child (3 ft to 4 ft) - INR 650 per person
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (all days of the week)